1) What division will my child play?
||4-5 year olds and those under age 7 that are new to Little League
|Single A (coach pitch)
||5-6 year olds who have played at least one season of Little League
||7-8 year olds, some 9's new to baseball
||9-11 year olds
||10-12 year olds
2) What league age is my child?
Use the following link to determine your child's 2017 league age or use the League Age Chart on the RNLL Website.
3) Will my child lose his 12 year old year with the league age change?
NO player will lose his 12 year old season.
4) How long is the season?
Try-outs are approximately the first two weeks of March. Games begin around April 1 and the last week of play is the first week of June (this includes the City Tournament for AAA and Majors). Memorial weekend is a baseball holiday.
5) How can I volunteer to coach?
Coaches must submit an application found on the website and pass a background check. See the downloadable forms on the website
6) How is my child assigned a team?
AAA and Majors will try-out and be placed in a draft. You will be notified by email when your child has been placed on a team. T-Ball, Single A and Double A will be placed on teams by coaching staff. Coach’s kids will be placed on teams and then a random generator will assign players.
7) How are registration fees used?
- 50% - registration fees
- 40% - fundraising cards
- 10% - donations, sponsorships
- 24% - equipment (player and safety)
- 20% - special field projects and concession equipment
- 7% - field prep, rental, and maintenance
- 18% - umpires
- 16% - misc. (awards, tournaments All Stars/City tournament, advertising, fundraising)
- 6% - office admin (office supplies, various fees-accounting, website, bank).
- 6% - insurance and Little League charter fees
- 3% - security monitoring, utilities
There are no paid employees of RNLL, all positions are volunteers.
8) Why are registration costs so high?
Included in your registration fees are prepaid fundraiser cards. You will be given discount cards to sell when the season begins and this money reimburses a portion of your fees. You may keep the funds from the sale of your initial cards.
9) Is my child Richland National or Greater Richland Little League?
If you reside within our boundary, or your child attends a school within our boundary, you are eligible to register for Richland National Little League.
Richland National boundaries are all of the City Richland south of Swift Avenue and all of Kennewick
Please see the website for a map of our league boundaries.
10) What gear is provided by the league?
Players receive a cap (to keep) and jersey (to return). (Tee ball and single A keep their jerseys)
Players will need baseball pants and a glove. The league provides the coaches with some batting helmets and catchers' gear.
11) How many games/practices can I expect?
Majors - practices/games 3 games a week, 2 practices a week. Total ~21 games.
AAA - practices/games 2 games, 2 practices per week. Total ~14 games.
AA - practices/games 2 games, 1 practice per week. Total ~14 games.
A and Tee ball - 1 practice and 1 game per week. Total ~7 games.